While perhaps uncouth, I’ll admit it… croutons are one of my favourite parts of a hearty salad.
Try these once and you will never settle for that cardboard box from aisle 26 ever again. We promise. Yum!
- 2 cups worth of artisan bread odds & ends
- 2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp steak spice OR
- 1 tsp blend of onion powder, paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sea salt
- Roughly cube the bread ends and place in a large mixing bowl
- Drizzle in the olive oil and spice blend
- Mix by hand to evenly coat the bread cubes
- Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Under a watchful eye, place in the oven on broil with the door slightly ajar, stirring frequently until golden brown on most sides
Looking for inspiration? Top these on a delicious vegan Spicy Buffalo Tempeh Caesar Salad, one of our favorite soups.
Let us know what you think!