Tzatziki is a refreshing Greek cucumber yogurt dip. It’s a great summer side dish that adds protein and a fresh cool flavour to any meal. It pairs perfectly as part of a full Greek Feast with Super Greens Spanakopita, Greek Lemon Potatoes, and Greek Salad, or can be enjoyed alongside falafels, zucchini fritters, in wraps, burgers, or as a sandwich spread.
Cucumber boasts several health benefits thanks to its B-vitamins, vitamin-K, and actually has cooling properties to help beat the summer heat!
This dip lasts well for a few days when sealed in the fridge.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Grate the cucumber and place in the center of a cheese cloth, clean dish towel, or 2 paper towels doubled over. If you're preparing other dishes, you can lightly salt the cucumber and leave it for some time while water extracts
- When you're ready, gently squeeze the cucumber to remove most of the liquid.
- In a bowl, mix the cucumber, yogurt, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, and pinch of salt.
- Taste and season as needed
- Chill in the fridge to let the flavors mix & mingle.
- Drizzle with 1 tsp. of olive oil and serve.