This is our go to BBQ sauce and just the thing to cook up a southern feast. Grill up some green beans served with cornbread, creamy Mac & Cheese, a Caesar salad, and your choice of BBQ baked beans, tofu, or roast cauliflower for a plate of tangy goodness.
This homemade coffee BBQ sauce is rich, flavourful and tangy. It will have you reaching back for more and your friends asking for the recipe!
What are your favourite things to smother in BBQ sauce?
Southern Coffee BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato purée
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire make sure it's vegetarian!
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or sugar
- 1/4 cup strong dark-roast coffee with coffee grinds
- 1 tbsp steak spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp (optional) Cornstarch
- Combine all your ingredients in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until it starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, combine 1 tbsp of cornstarch in 2 tbsp of water, and whisk into the mixture to thicken further.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.