This vegan ceviche is packed with traditional authentic Mexican flavors! Its base is a ultra-fresh mix of creamy and crunchy vegetables marinated in a chili-lime water called ‘aguachile’. Nutrient and vitamin rich, serve this to start any Mexican meal or along side homemade guacamole, salsas, and dips for a delicious cocktail hour menu… your guests will thank you!
This recipe was created for Sails & Spices by Chef Ryan Manning of The Ritz-Carlton Culinary Center in Cancun.
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup lime juice (8-10 limes)
- 1 piece serrano chile, chopped very fine*
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Jicama, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- ½ cup mango diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, split in half
- 1 orange, segmented and split in half
- Tortilla chips
- Pickled onions
- Blend all listed 'sauce' ingredients together to make the aquachile.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and fruit and allow to chill for at least 10 minutes to infuse the flavor.
- Serve with the freshest tortilla chips and pickled onion.
Provecho! Enjoy your meal!
Read about the authentic Mexican flavors that await you with the Chef’s Experiences at The Ritz-Carlton Culinary Center. For a great discussion on cooking authentic Mexican cuisines check out: Meet The Chef: Ryan Manning
#RCMemories #RCCancun #RitzCancun